In May 2014 TELS range of services has been expanded with delivery of goods to the Russian Federation from the Big Port of St. Petersburg and Ust-Luga port using railway transport.
The new service includes :
- transshipment of goods from containers, delivered to the Big Port of St. Petersburg and Ust-Luga port by sea, into railcars with delivery throughout Russia ( import);
- delivery of containers from the port of St. Petersburg and Ust-Luga to any region of Russia using railway transport;
- transfer of cargo from the railcar into maritime container and shipping by sea for export
The advantage of this type of service is reduction of transit time and transport costs by :
- Reduction of containers tenancy (with transshipment in railcars and vice versa) ;
- low transportation costs when railway transport is used ;
- large volume and cargo capacity of railroad rolling stock ;
- dispatch within express container trains.
Delivery of goods using railway transport is carried out in format "at warehouse " of consignee with all needed support services.
Andrey Grigoriev, Chief of TELS office in St. Petersburg :
"To date, the benefits of cargo transportation from the port of St. Petersburg and Ust-Luga on the railway transport is present not only at "long leg"( over 1,500 km), but also at shorter distances. To achieve this, we offer our customers dispatch of cargoes using following express container trains:
- Port of Saint- Petersburg (Avtovo Station) - Moscow - St. Petersburg port (Avtovo Station) - every 2 days
- Port Tallinn - Moscow - 1 time per week
- Port of Saint- Petersburg ( New Port) - Segezha "export" - 1 time in 3 days
- Port of Saint- Petersburg ( New Port) - Solikamsk - Moscow - 2 times a week
- Port of Saint- Petersburg (Avtovo Station) - Solikamsk - 2 times a week
- Solikamsk - Novorossiysk - 2 times a week
- Port of Saint- Petersburg ( New Port) – Generating Station(Chelyabinsk) - 1 time in 2 weeks
- Moscow ( Moskva-Tovarnaja Station ) – Kaznacheevka Station - 1 time per week
- Port of Saint- Petersburg (Avtovo Station) - Tikhonovo Station (Yelabuga) - 15 trains per week .
Transportation costs of container delivery using such scheme, on the average, U.S. $ 150 less than delivery by road. And delivery terms become shorter , particularly if goods have been released by customs closer to the day of train dispatch. Economy will be even higher concerning complete container shipping ( 2-3 container at one railway platform).
Service of container transshipment into railcars is particularly advantageous to importers, who deliver cargo at " long leg" (especially if simultaneously several containers are delivered) . In this case container booking costs are significantly lower (less time of their use above permitted); railcar can be loaded with 150 cubic meters of cargo weighing up to 70 tons – transport costs decrease. And , unlike container, it is not necessary to return railcar back to the station of departure.
This service is even more interesting to consignees if they have railroad sidings - railcar can come to the ramp of warehouse avoiding extra road transportation.We hope that this service will be demanded by our Customers; our specialists are ready to answer any questions and to determine the benefits of the service in each particular case".