Modern Slavery Statement by TELS
The Modern Slavery Act (The Act) came in force on 29th October 2015, and requires that the companies which are involved in business on the territory of the United Kingdom, supply goods, provide services and have the annual turnover 36 000 000 GBP and more, need to share the information regarding its steps for excluding slavery and trafficking form their supply chain, as well as from its own structure during the previous financial year.
TELSGROUP is publishing the present statement about the Modern Slavery Act for the financial year finished 31.03.2018 on its web-site on behalf of T.E.L.S. Transeuropean Logistic Services Limited
The Modern Slavery Act Statement (MSA).
TELSGROUP is aiming the highest ethical standards. To achieve this requirement TELSGROUP developed the control systems/prorgamms, which monitor and guarantee that slavery and trafficking is not the part of supply chain.
TELSGROUP doesn’t use forced labor (labor at risk of punishment or confiscation of personal belongings), slave labor, as well as labor of prisoners.
Business and structure
TELSGROUP has been operating in the international freight-forwarding market since 2001.
· Present-day TELS consists of 11 offices within EACU, the Ukraine, Western and Central Europe. Daily over 800 highly qualified specialists solve complex logistics problems.
· TELS provides road, railway, air, sea and multimodal transportation for transnational industrial and trade companies.
· TELS handles transportation of the following cargo types: groupage and full truck loads; dangerous cargoes (ADR); valuable cargoes; perishable cargoes and cargoes requiring special temperature conditions. Moreover, TELS provides transportation of oversized, heavy-weight and project cargoes.
· TELS offers additional services involving calculation of transport schemes based on cost optimization, warehousing, assistance in customs clearance and cargo insurance.
· TELS services meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 quality standards.
· 2 500 000 EURO per every insurance accident is the limit of TELS responsibility insurance proved by TTClub, UK.
· TELS group of companies includes a transport company with a modern fleet of vehicles. All the vehicles comply with the environmental standards, are equipped with satellite navigation systems and additional cargo securing systems. TELS’s fleet is approved for dangerous goods transportation.
Values and training
TELS is aiming to provide high-quality, on-time freight-forwarding services and constantly sharing its principles with its Customers and Subcontractors.
Our main principles and standards are:
Customer focus, partnership, reliability, effectiveness, quality.
One of the mail principles is the social responsibility.
Main standards of TELSGROUP interaction with its Customers, service providers, subcontractors, other business partners as well as in between the employees are documented in TELSGROUP Standards Handbook. These standards are based on respect and ethical behavior.
These standards are the basis of every decision made in TELSGROUP.
TELSGROUP provides training for the Employees and one of the courses is TELSGROUP Standards Handbook. Honesty, transparency and respect of the law are the highlights of the training course.
Every employee has a right for terminating employment after agreed notice without applying any penalties. TELSGROUP respects working hours schedule.
TELSGROUPs Subcontractors and service providers are the residents of different countries. That is why TELSGROUP declares its values and ethical standards and shares them with all of its Partners. TELSGROUP uses both internal and external recourses for checking the compliance of potential service providers and subcontractors to acknowledged sectoral standards. TELSGROUP developed and strictly follows the procedure of choice, checking and KPI analysis of its subcontractors.
In its contracts with service providers/subcontractors and other business partners TELSGROUP requires respecting of certain principles and standards. Except commercial part these contracts have a paragraph which require respecting the national and regional legislation of the country of registration where they operate. Including national legislation concerning trafficking, forced and slave labor and other kinds of slavery.
TELSGROUP is aiming to build partnership with subcontractors and service providers in a way to improve their standards by making audits and developing corrective action plans.
TELSGROUP is holding audits of suppliers and service providers and in case of detecting problems works on improving actions together with the subcontractor/service provider and/or other business partners.
These audits include interviewing of employees of the subcontractor/service provider, industrial sites inspections, and documentary audit.
The results of the audit or discrepancies are prioritized depending on risks. If the critical problem occurred, TELSGROUP requests urgent answer/actions from the service provider /subcontractor. If service provider /subcontractor of any other business partner fails to eliminate the problem in a proper way, partnership terms are to be reconsidered or terminated if necessary.
TELSGROUP evaluates its monitoring program constantly, in order to be sure its effective and complies with all branch standards and legislation. TELSGROUP is confident that all efforts were efficient enough to prevent slavery and trafficking and to exclude it form its supply chain.
London, Great Britain
Levin Igor, 31.03.2019 9 AM